💠 RAMAZAN Foods Guide lines
In view of the long hours of fasting, we should consume slow digesting foods including fiber containing-foods rather than Fast-digesting foods.
Slow digesting foods last up to 8 hours, while fast-digesting foods last for only 3 to 4 hours:
Slow digesting foods are foods that contain grains and seeds like barley, wheat, oats, millet, semolina, beans, lentils, whole meal flour, unpolished rice, etc. (called complex carbohydrates).
Fast-burning foods are foods that contain sugar, white flour, etc. (called refined carbohydrates).
• Fried foods are unhealthy and should be limited. They cause indigestion, heartburn, and weight problems.
• Fried and fatty foods.
• Foods containing too much sugar.
• Over-eating especially at sehri.
• Too much tea at sehri. Tea makes you pass more urine taking with it valuable mineral salts that your body would need during the day.
• Complex carbohydrates at sehri so that the food lasts longer making you
• Haleem is an excellent source of protein and is a slow-burning food.
• Dates are excellent source of sugar, fiber, carbohydrates, potassium and
• Almonds are rich in protein and fiber with less fat.
• Bananas are a good source of potassium, magnesium and carbohydrates.
• As much water or fruit juices as possible between iftar and bedtime so
that your body may adjust fluid levels in time.
Constipation can cause piles (hemorrhoids), fissures (painful cracks in anal canal) and indigestion with a bloated feeling.
Causes : Too much refined foods, too little water and not enough fiber in the diet.
Remedy : Avoid excessive refined foods, increase water intake, and use bran in baking, brown flour when making roti. Soaked figs, plums, apple juice, khak-shir, chia seed juice and Sekanjebin are good options as well.
🌹 INDIGESTION AND WIND
Causes : Over-eating. Too much fried and fatty foods, spicy foods, and foods that produce wind e.g. eggs, cabbage, lentils, carbonated drinks like Cola also produce gas.
Remedy : Do not over-eat; drink fruit juices or better still drink water.
Avoid fried foods; add ajmor to wind-producing foods.
Causes : Caffeine and tobacco-withdrawal, doing too much in one day, lack of sleep, hunger usually occur as the day goes by and worsens at the end of the day. Depends which part of the head pains, the cure would be different.